Tiny House Trailers - for small portable homes on wheels
Tiny House Trailers Little House Trailers (LHT), Living big in a Tiny Space.
At Superior Trailers, we offer various LHT designs, ranging from 4.8mtr to 9mtr and 2.4mtr wide (to stay in the legal width of NZTA. All our LHTs are made of high quality pre-galvanized steel and market leading trailer components, and each one boosts an imressive fusion of stuctural rigidity and lightweight design, making tham worthy of being labeled SUPERIOR.
All our trailers above 2.5ton has electric brakes to 2 axles.
We incorporate 3 axles into our designs to effectively distribute the stresses experienced by a fully completed LHT, therefore improving the durability of each individual axle. Although the combined carrying weight of our chosen axles are 4,500kg, the NZ legal carrying limit (GVM) of the light weight trailer category may not exeed 3500kg. Thus, the total weight of a LHT and its height is rather determained by size and the carrying capasity of the tyres used in the respective design. Below is a description of the two tyre options we use, and their impact on the design of a LHT.
- 165R13C tyres - These 13" tyres have a carrying capacity of 670kg/tyre , and are 590mm in height. The impact of these tyres on our LHT designs are:
- Total carrying weight = 4,020kg (Over the NZ legal limit, thus compliant)
- Standard "Flat top" LHT design = 665mm (No protruding wheel arches)
- "Low Profile" LHT design = 495mm (Protruding wheel arches)
- 195/50R13C tyres - These 13" tyres have a carrying capacity of 900kg/tyre, and are 520mm in height. (Though more expencive) The inpact on these tyres on our LHT designs are:
- Total carrying weight = 3,600kg on 2 axles and 5,400kg on 3 axles (Spingsets 4,500kg) (Over NZ legal limit, thus compliant)
- Standard "Flat top" LHT design = 595mm ( No protruding wheel arches)
- "Low Profile" LHT design = 460mm (Protruding wheel arches)
Even though larger tyres are available, we do not use these because of the increased costs involved in reducing the overall height of these LHT designs.
We only manufacture LHT's once an order has been confirmed with a 50% deposit. Building a LHT takes approximately 7-8 working days and we will inform the customer of the day when the build commences. Please note that we are booked in advance due to our "first come first served" policy.
We have multiple different LHT designs a customer can choose from, but we also offer the rare opportunity to a customer to design and build LHTs that suit the specific requirements of the customer (within all legal and responsible design limits!) For further detailed information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Prices are based on std 165R13C tyres and gst included
7.2 x 2.4 STD LHT = $11,000.00
7.2 x 2.4 LOW Profile = $12,300.00
8.1 x 2.4 STD LHT = $11,400.00
8.1 x 2.4 LOW Profile = $12,320.00
9 x 2.4 STD LHT = $11,900.00
Flat rate Delivery to: (by private company)
Wellington = $1250.00
Hamilton = $1850.00
Auckland = $2000.00